"Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage"

tbjorn

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

So I encrypted my SGS2 with Jelly Bean, put a password on the screen lock and suddenly I am getting a bunch of "Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage" greyed out messages if I want to change it back from password lock to pattern lock for instance.

Is it due to the encryption or has something else gone wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.

tbjorn

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I already tried to clear the credentials with no results. I also tried to decrypt my flash memory with no luck.

I've got nothing in the "Device administrators" menu. I can't do anything in it basically, neither add nor remove anything.

tbjorn

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It seemed the problem was that my SD card was still encrypted. For some reason that posed a major problem for Android, however it did let me use my settings after I decrypted it. :p

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It seemed the problem was that my SD card was still encrypted. For some reason that posed a major problem for Android, however it did let me use my settings after I decrypted it. :p

Oh, haha, it makes sense now. It doesn't want anyone but you to access your card, that's smart. Glad you fixed it!

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

s3GalaxyUS

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my phone. I cleared the credentials but of no luck. My SD card is still encrypted.

May I know how you decrypted your SD card? For me there is no option In Settings>Security to decrypt it !!!

My android version: 4.1.1

tbjorn

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my phone. I cleared the credentials but of no luck. My SD card is still encrypted.

May I know how you decrypted your SD card? For me there is no option In Settings>Security to decrypt it !!!

My android version: 4.1.1

Sorry about the late respons time, just got home from a minor vacation. Did you solve it? I could just choose to decrypt my SD-card in Settings -> Security as you mentioned, and then the second button from the top. Provide a screenshot of your menu.

Mansoor Ali A

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just purchased xolo q700, and I had the same non availability of screen pattern lock style.

After doing what the previous post has said to clear the credentials, I deactivated the Xolo Secure stuff that had Device Admin, and set the pattern, now its working fine.

Just if this gives you any hint or idea to get success.

Thanks,

MansoorAliA

voiceonly

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
11/19/2013, Note 3

Was able to swap between Swipe and Pattern, now it seems stuck with the .. Disabled by Admin...etc messages. I have not encrypted anything, but can't figure out how to go back to the SWIPE unlock screen (I know it's the not the most secure, but I need it to be swipe for now).

I assume I am not encrypted as I have the option to encrypt both the device and the memory card, or is that always the option even if encrypted.

Any suggestions on this? I do need to have an email administrator due to logging into a work mail server, and when I disabled this, it deleted my email account (warned me first, so I was aware), and that still did not allow me to change back to swipe.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Bob

khamphanh

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: "screen lock

My name is Mr khamphanh Most of the time, my phone is with me - in my pocket or at my work area, so I don't need to use a pin or combination. I put in a pin for when it was needed but now I can't get it back to swipe - the "Swipe" section is grayed out in the "Select screen lock" section and it says "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
Any idea what I need to do to get swipe access back?
looking forward to hearing from you soon
thank you
Best regards,

Mari Muthu1

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

So I encrypted my SGS2 with Jelly Bean, put a password on the screen lock and suddenly I am getting a bunch of "Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage" greyed out messages if I want to change it back from password lock to pattern lock for instance.

Is it due to the encryption or has something else gone wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.

My Mobil passwartlock cancel

Last edited by a moderator:

vinod240

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am LG G2 user, if you are facing this problem. Follow below steps:

1. Go to Settings
2. Select Security which under "General" tab
3. Under Credential Storage -> Clear Credentials

then you will be able to see all the options which are under "Lock Screen".

Hope this helps you!!!

salil_007

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok here is the solution ,

just go to settings >> security >> device administrators >> uncheck the mail or any other stuff

now go to securities and try to do the setting again , everything should be fine from now on :)

djtp

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
None of these suggestions worked for me. All options are grayed out but password and pin but when hitting OK to confirm the pin nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer