Customize Notification Panel missing - Galaxy S3

metallicviper

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 (Canada) and I recently got the 4.1.2 jelly bean update. Supposedly, this update is supposed to consist of the ability to update the notification icons by going to Settings>Display>Notification Panel.

sgs3-toggles-setting.jpg

I don't have the "Notification Panel" selection on my "Display" list. I really want to be able to customize my list but I have no idea why it's not there. I have all the other updates that came with 4.1.2 (i.e. multi-window, page buddy etc) but not the ability to customize the panel.

Please let me know if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? There may be older system files left over from Jelly Bean 4.1.2 that may be interfering with the phone's ability to enable the user to change notification panel toggles.

metallicviper

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!
I didn't try a factory reset - but that is something I could consider.
A lot of the info I found online point to the 4.1.2 update. But then again, you may be right, meyerweb.

thanks for the help guys!

rickylee626

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.1.2 and I don't have that option either. I thought it was just a Verizon issue. Glad to see I'm not alone lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 (Canada) and I recently got the 4.1.2 jelly bean update. Supposedly, this update is supposed to consist of the ability to update the notification icons by going to Settings>Display>Notification Panel.

http://droidviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/sgs3-toggles-setting.jpg

I don't have the "Notification Panel" selection on my "Display" list. I really want to be able to customize my list but I have no idea why it's not there. I have all the other updates that came with 4.1.2 (i.e. multi-window, page buddy etc) but not the ability to customize the panel.

Please let me know if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks!

Kristen Magnuson

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have one either. I didn't update mine - it is a new phone. Took it out of the box and have spent the last two weeks looking for the notification panel. I'm also with Verizon.

Greg N

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My ATT G Note 2 with 4.1.2 is also missing this notification panel mods. I did a reset and it did nothing. I ended up installing ap Notification Toggle that adds a bar below the notification toggle buttons that is customizeable.
I have tried to get the 4.1.2 missing feature fixed by going to 3 forums and no one has come with a fix except reset and its not doing it.