How do you skip a line when typing?

tmxuan

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Back when i was using gingerbread, there is usually a 'RETURN' key.
But now, jellybean dont have it!!
Any idea how I can retrieve the RETURN key? or skip a line with the current keyboard?

Droid4Core

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
The jellybean keyboard on the nexus 4 lacked that. On the play store there is a keyboard called jelly bean keyboard and it works just like the stock keyboard but gives you the option go replace the little smiley button with a return button to skip a line. The keyboard also supports themes.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The jellybean keyboard on the nexus 4 lacked that. On the play store there is a keyboard called jelly bean keyboard and it works just like the stock keyboard but gives you the option go replace the little smiley button with a return button to skip a line. The keyboard also supports themes.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

The smiley face only shows on the SMS keyboard as you can't skip lines in text messages. The skip to next line button appears in email when you get to the message section of the mail where skipping lines is possible.

Sticky_Mick

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting something similar to this when using Mobile Facebook. Commenting on some posts is damn tricky because there's no return button to start a new line and the text doesn't auto format as you type and if you notice you've made a typo in the middle of the text you can't go back to correct it. Everything works fine on the built in Facebook for Android, but trying to use FB's mobile page via a browser has the problem.
Interestingly enough the very same issue raises it's ugly head when I use FB's mobile page on the Nokia N900 too, although because the N900 has a hardware keyboard going back to correct typos is possible..