I have been SO frustrated tonight trying to find an answer to my issue. What I want to do is relatively simple: I want to be able to hit a button and verbally send a text (especially when I'm driving). Although I am a veteran of android, I've been very technically complacent for the past few years, so I just can't manage the system like I need to anymore. The problem is that when I say the punctuaton mark (usually a question mark) it will initially show in the google now bar, but when it transfers over to the actual text it drops the punctuation.
    Seems pretty basic...but I cannot figure out how the heck to fix it! Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    07-12-2013 12:49 AM
    Please don't text and drive

The reason that is happening is because that function of the Google Now app is actually the Google Search function, and it drops punctuation by default when searching for stuff. Using the actual voice dictation portion of your texting, or other text recording applications, it will record the punctuation marks correctly, however verbally sending that message becomes difficult.
    07-12-2013 02:21 AM