Is there one definitive "go-to" keyboard for Android?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Getting my first Android phone in a couple of weeks and wanted to get an idea of what might be best.
I hear good things about the stock Jellybean keyboard.

Of the top ones available (Swype, Swiftkey, Kii and the stock one, etc.), which is your favorite and why?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I like swiftkey. Good autocorrect and learning. Does swype and simultaneous multiple languages. Very nice themes too. Great for the S4 that doesn't have autocorrect. A good alternative for free is the Google keyboard.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

RSindian

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have swype (paid version) and swiftkey installed on my phone and tablet and I prefer swype because of the accuracy, looks and speed.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I use SwiftKey exclusively on all my devices. It's the best keyboard on the planet. Excellent predictive text, swipe and voice command capabilities, and themeable to your heart's content. Worth every penny, both in phone and tablet versions.

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I use SwiftKey exclusively on all my devices. It's the best keyboard on the planet. Excellent predictive text, swipe and voice command capabilities, and themeable to your heart's content. Worth every penny, both in phone and tablet versions.
And you can resize the keys to fit the big fingered people.

AutomaticSlim

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Give the Google keyboard a try. After using swiftkey for some time (I had to pay the full version), A friend recommended I try the Google keyboard, and I honestly like it more than swiftkey. It's closer to iOS keyboard, which is what I'm really used to, does swype, has learning capabilities, and best of all is FREE!

BobDaNob

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The stock Jellybean keyboard, Swiftkey Flow and Swype are easily the three big dogs of the Android world. Each is really awesome and each also has some fundamental flaws.

Try each one and see which one fits your style the best.

phaeton

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I like google keyboard, excellent prediction.

Posted via Android Central App

Honestly, I love both the SwiftKey and the stock keyboard. My only real gripe about the stock keyboard is that SwiftKey's "swipe to delete" is so incredibly intuitive that I really miss it when using the stock keyboard.

My only gripe with SwiftKey's tablet keyboard is that it doesn't have a tab key.

If either of those were rectified on either keyboard, I would call it essentially perfect.

SwiftKey /maybe/ has better prediction. I remember relatively early on, using it on my Evo, and my thumbs were just flying - I almost felt like I was hitting keys at random - and it kept coming out perfect. I remember wondering how in the hell it knew what I was trying to type when I felt like I barely knew myself.

Posted via Android Central App

fyIML

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My vote goes to SwiftKey. It's very intuitive and after about a week of usage, it had learned not only my particular brand of slang but it also learned the way I mistype things. SwiftKey Flow is also fun. Added bonuses to SwiftKey is that it supports multiple languages and the themes are nice.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Getting my first Android phone in a couple of weeks and wanted to get an idea of what might be best.
I hear good things about the stock Jellybean keyboard.

Of the top ones available (Swype, Swiftkey, Kii and the stock one, etc.), which is your favorite and why?

Sense 5 keyboard is fantastic even better than stock Android keyboard on my HTC One.

Posted via HTC One on Android Central App

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love Swiftkey but I wish that it had a shortcuts/macro feature like Perfect Key has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1