Getting my first Android phone in a couple of weeks and wanted to get an idea of what might be best.
    I hear good things about the stock Jellybean keyboard.

Of the top ones available (Swype, Swiftkey, Kii and the stock one, etc.), which is your favorite and why?
    07-21-2013 01:39 AM
    Stock 4.2.2 works great for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    kwitel likes this.
    07-21-2013 01:31 PM
    I use the stock 4.2.2 and works okay. I just never found a keyboard that I like yet so still using this one.
    kwitel likes this.
    07-21-2013 01:34 PM
    I like swiftkey. Good autocorrect and learning. Does swype and simultaneous multiple languages. Very nice themes too. Great for the S4 that doesn't have autocorrect. A good alternative for free is the Google keyboard.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    kwitel likes this.
    07-21-2013 01:39 PM
    I have swype (paid version) and swiftkey installed on my phone and tablet and I prefer swype because of the accuracy, looks and speed.
    kwitel likes this.
    07-21-2013 05:39 PM
    I use SwiftKey exclusively on all my devices. It's the best keyboard on the planet. Excellent predictive text, swipe and voice command capabilities, and themeable to your heart's content. Worth every penny, both in phone and tablet versions.
    07-22-2013 12:03 AM
    I use SwiftKey exclusively on all my devices. It's the best keyboard on the planet. Excellent predictive text, swipe and voice command capabilities, and themeable to your heart's content. Worth every penny, both in phone and tablet versions.
    And you can resize the keys to fit the big fingered people.
    kwitel likes this.
    07-22-2013 08:04 AM
    I like Smart Keyboard Pro.
    kwitel likes this.
    07-22-2013 01:52 PM
    Give the Google keyboard a try. After using swiftkey for some time (I had to pay the full version), A friend recommended I try the Google keyboard, and I honestly like it more than swiftkey. It's closer to iOS keyboard, which is what I'm really used to, does swype, has learning capabilities, and best of all is FREE!
    kwitel likes this.
    07-22-2013 04:22 PM
    I like google keyboard, excellent prediction.

Posted via Android Central App
    kwitel likes this.
    07-23-2013 01:13 AM
    The stock Jellybean keyboard, Swiftkey Flow and Swype are easily the three big dogs of the Android world. Each is really awesome and each also has some fundamental flaws.

Try each one and see which one fits your style the best.
    kwitel likes this.
    07-25-2013 11:31 AM
    I like google keyboard, excellent prediction.

Honestly, I love both the SwiftKey and the stock keyboard. My only real gripe about the stock keyboard is that SwiftKey's "swipe to delete" is so incredibly intuitive that I really miss it when using the stock keyboard.

My only gripe with SwiftKey's tablet keyboard is that it doesn't have a tab key.

If either of those were rectified on either keyboard, I would call it essentially perfect.

SwiftKey /maybe/ has better prediction. I remember relatively early on, using it on my Evo, and my thumbs were just flying - I almost felt like I was hitting keys at random - and it kept coming out perfect. I remember wondering how in the hell it knew what I was trying to type when I felt like I barely knew myself.

kwitel likes this.
    07-25-2013 06:38 PM
    My vote goes to SwiftKey. It's very intuitive and after about a week of usage, it had learned not only my particular brand of slang but it also learned the way I mistype things. SwiftKey Flow is also fun. Added bonuses to SwiftKey is that it supports multiple languages and the themes are nice.
    kwitel and IAmCashmere_D like this.
    07-25-2013 08:25 PM
    Getting my first Android phone in a couple of weeks and wanted to get an idea of what might be best.
    I hear good things about the stock Jellybean keyboard.

Of the top ones available (Swype, Swiftkey, Kii and the stock one, etc.), which is your favorite and why?
    Sense 5 keyboard is fantastic even better than stock Android keyboard on my HTC One.

Posted via HTC One on Android Central App
    DS1331 and kwitel like this.
    07-25-2013 08:37 PM
    This

kwitel likes this.
    07-26-2013 04:18 AM
    I absolutely love Swiftkey but I wish that it had a shortcuts/macro feature like Perfect Key has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    neonworm and kwitel like this.
    07-26-2013 04:49 AM
    Seems like Swiftkey has received the most votes.

Thanks to all for your input!
    07-30-2013 01:46 PM
    +1 for Swiftkey.
    07-30-2013 02:49 PM
    Kii keyboard

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-30-2013 04:19 PM
    Another vote for SwiftKey

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-31-2013 01:29 AM
    It depends on the phone. Apple made Samsung take out auto correct so it sucked, LG was cool, but I've settled with Google Keyboard on my S3
    07-31-2013 02:08 AM
    SwiftKey needs emoji. If it ever gets it I can guarantee. I will be a SwiftKey user for all my devices because it's that good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-31-2013 10:58 AM
    I definitely use Swype almost exclusively. I loathe tapping keyboards without having an actual full sized computer keyboard.

I have spent a substantial amount of time both using Swiftkeys and the standard Android keyboards gesture functions but i always find that after using them for a few days the keyboards never seem to actually recognize what I'm trying to say. Swype always seems to work well for much longer.

I also really like that all the punctuation is easily available by long pressing on the keys.
    07-31-2013 11:27 AM
    @Google Keyboard

I would like to try this. I have a HTC One, but the keyboard app doesnt seem compatible with the One - any input?
    08-01-2013 10:51 AM
    TouchPal Keyboard - it works on Android, iOS, Windows 8, includes keyboard themes...
    You drag down on the top row of keys for numbers, drag down on other keys for characters, drag up for capitalization. The keyboard is fairly responsive. You can activate or deactivate swype and word prediction right from the keyboard - no huge nest of settings dialogs. Works for me.
    08-01-2013 11:23 AM