Screenshot and ScreenCapture folders

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Under my files I noticed that I have a folder called Screenshots and also a folder called ScreenCapture, now when I take a screenshot by holding down the power and home button at the same time for a second or two a quick message appears saying it has been copied to the clipboard.

The screenshot then appears in the gallery under a folder called Screenshots which is fine, but why do I also have a folder called Screen Capture? because that folder always remains empty.

Should I delete the ScreenCapture folder which resides in storage/sdcard0 which is the internal SD card.

JellyBean 4.1.2 upgraded from Gingerbread 2.3.6 but since returned to factory settings and still with the JellyBean system.

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Under my files I noticed that I have a folder called Screenshots and also a folder called ScreenCapture, now when I take a screenshot by holding down the power and home button at the same time for a second or two a quick message appears saying it has been copied to the clipboard.

The screenshot then appears in the gallery under a folder called Screenshots which is fine, but why do I also have a folder called Screen Capture? because that folder always remains empty.

Should I delete the ScreenCapture folder which resides in storage/sdcard0 which is the internal SD card.

JellyBean 4.1.2 upgraded from Gingerbread 2.3.6 but since returned to factory settings and still with the JellyBean system.

It could be a storage folder set up by a PhotApp or other app.
If it is empty, delete it. If it is needed the app will most likely re-create it.
Just my 3 cents worth

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol