Nexus 4 Droid 4.3 - Touch screen goes unresponsive

Jonnehdk

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So I updated this morning, and am finding that the touch screen just stops working in the middle of tasks, and I have to press the power button to lock it and then unlock it to resume function.

I seem to recall having this problem just after I got the phone, but it went away. Any idea what this might be? Any less annoying workarounds?

Thanks.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem on my Nexus 4
Was working fine, updated to 4.3, and now my touch screen frequently just stops working. The phone is still active, I can see things like the clock still animating (or the live wallpaper), but the touch functionality is completely "off". Even on the lock screen its off. Simply hitting the power button doesnt always fix it. I often have to reset the phone with the power+down volume option.

Its seems like this has something to do with the new hype touch optimization and responsiveness of 4.3, and possibly a conflict with 1 or more apps that run on the phone. Ive been systematically removing apps that seem like they might conflict, but no luck as of yet.

smattie

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the same issue on my Nexus 7.

The screen becomes unresponsive after just a few swipes (varies between 1 and around 10) on the home screen or in programs after upgrading to Android 4.3. Locking and unlocking screen fixes the issue temporarily. Using the developer option to track cursor on touch I was able to find out that the screen stays responsive while in lockscreen after a lot of swipes. So I guess this is all software related. Thinks I tried so far:

- Hard reset
- Downgrade to 4.2.2
- Different kernel (Franco)
- Custom ROM (Cyanogenmod 10.2.1)
- Run LagFix

So far, no luck :(

mourya krishna

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Even me !! I dunno if it is bug or what my screen to gets unresponsive and the onscreen buttons get kinda messed up!! I think 4.3 is bad update!! hope it's resolved soon

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I flashed my nexus 4 back to 4.2.2 and low and behold, my touchscreen is working fine again.

I tried a factory reset which didnt work (twice) because 4.3 was still on the phone.

The issue clearly related to the nexus 4 and android 4.3

nsvijay04b1

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My phone upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2 few days before, touch was working fine.
But, after another system update JWR66Y on 25th August 2013 applied on mobile created the issue, touch is un-responsive on some part of the screen ( i cannot type 'n' , 'j' for example.)
5-6 mm thick vertical strip goes un-responsive to touch , cannot type alphabets falls in that area .. swipe breaks in that area.

Please some one suggest if faced similar issue, what to do ?

Phone reset works?
How to downgrade to 4.2.2 OS ?
How to just go back 1 level to where it was working fine ?

Any other thoughts.. your reply is much appreciated.. thanks in advance

nsvijay04b1

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
somebody , please reply with your success story in resolving "unresponsive touch screen" issue after 4.3 update, helpful for others..

I tried factory reset twice, still no use :-(

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
somebody , please reply with your success story in resolving "unresponsive touch screen" issue after 4.3 update, helpful for others..

I tried factory reset twice, still no use :-(

I used this guide
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html

If there is any part that you dont understand, search youtube, lots of guides that will walk you through it there too

Im on 4.2.2 running fine again. Upset that I cant upgrade to 4.3. A new patch came out on the 22nd, but reports are that it still doesnt fix any of these issues. Doubt ill ever buy LG again. Should have just gone with the Samsung.

Andrea Schiavini

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, but I think it's hardware related. I've been using CyanogenMOD daily builds with android 4.3 kernel. I've always used the extended desktop, swiping from the bottom of the screen to enable PIE menu. Some days ago I picked up my phone and it became completely unresponsive, and the bottom part of my screen was totally dead. I also disabled extended desktop and saw none of the bottom buttons worked anymore - they were completely dead.

After reading this post I tried downgrading to Android 4.2 with Carbon rom, and still I'm having this issue. I had to enable halo controls and keep them on the left side of my screen to have full functionality, cause the bottom of my screen is dead. No additional apps were installed before seeing this problem.

Finally I have to say that I dipped my phone in water some months ago, but it seemed to work correctly until today. Only problem I had was the led always on, but I don't know whether these two issues could be related or not.

Mihai Mocanu

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 4 Carbon Nightly Problems

Hi, so I have a Nexus 4 borrowed from a friend and he is running on it Carbon Nightly and yesterday I turned on the sync, and at some point asked me to reboot the phone to update, which I did. It turned on in recovery mode, showing that it is installing carbon. So far so good. As I rebooted the phone, it turned on but the screen is not working. Now the screen in either yellow and purple or half is black and the other half is enhanced forward. I must mention I have no experience with rooting Android. Mostly I am afraid that the personal data in the phone will be lost if I do a hard recover, although I have no idea at what point will that restore the phone. I really don't want to lose my friends data. Could I make a back up (save the data, picture, videos, documents) from the recovery mode?
Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• 2015-02-21-581.jpg
    2015-02-21-581.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon