Nexus 4 not connecting to PC after Android 4.3 update

zendude000

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I need some help. After the OTA update to 4.3 on my Nexus 4, my phone will not connect to my PC. It will still charge after connecting to any USB port on my computer but not connect. I've tried different cables and different computers and still nothing. I had no problems connecting prior to 4.3. I've searched various forums and tried various methods. This includes having the phone in developer mode and enabling "USB debugging", switching from PTP to MTP and vice versa, trying to locate drivers on the internet, and downloading the SDK manager. I've never rooted my phone before and want to to enable the LTE radios which requires rooting as well as connecting to my computer. Any suggestions?

zendude000

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I believe I downloaded the current SDK/ADB from the Android developers page and still no luck with that. The other thing is I can not find the drivers on my computer. I've looked in Device Manager and there is nothing related to Android.

Joseph Sampson

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
go to Settings > Storage > (hit the top right options button, should look like three virtical dots > USB computer connection.> then check "Media device (MTP)" and then browse your current drives on your PC and you should see NEXUS 7.

- Joe