What browser do you use?

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Dolphin browser for the past year and a half however lately I have had video playback issues, slower performance, inputs not working well, and other weird glitches. I briefly tried out Chrome and was happy that the inputs that didnt work on Dolphin were working on Chrome. Is Chrome the best browser out there or do you use something else? I know there are a ton of browsers for Android and Dolphin has always been reliable for me, but I think its time to move on. What do you use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I continue to use Dolphin with Dolphin Jet pack. Some video issues with certain websites but not enough to cause me to switch. I like Chrome with my laptop but not with my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still use the stock Browser when I can, because I think it's one of the fastest and leanest browsers available. Boat Browser and Maxthon both seemed pretty good, but not a whole let better than Chrome.

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I continue to use Dolphin with Dolphin Jet pack. Some video issues with certain websites but not enough to cause me to switch. I like Chrome with my laptop but not with my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

So you just downloaded dolphin jet pack right? Dolphin told me you only needed to have that installed to get the faster speeds. Maybe thats why I am having issues though because thats still in beta.

LlamaGS

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I've used Spearmint. Opera, and Chrome, but I'm liking chrome best. I might give Dolphin a go.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Chrome is imho one of the worst browsers on Android, at least speed-wise. And it's missing a lot of features like auto word wrap when zooming into text. :(
I do like Next Browser a lot and highly recommend it. Web page loading speeds are the fastest I have seen on Android so far and scrolling is always buttery smooth, even on very complex web sites. The interface is lean and simple. Word wrap is there, bookmarks are sortable, which is very important to me. Here is the link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.jiubang.browser&token=q12Qnh_M

Last edited:

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Mostly use Firefox - it syncs with my 'real' computer's FF and, with the manual install of Flash Player, allows me to view streaming video from network TV sites who do not (yet) have an app for that in Android.

That said, I've yet to find a mobile browser (in iOS or Android) anywhere near as user-intuitive as they should be - especially shocking for those who produce full 'real computer' versions.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I've used stock browsers, dolphin, and few other browsers. So far I've liked chrome the best, simple, official, fast. atleast to me.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a great fan of Chrome these days. It was pretty bad for a long time, but it's come a long way. The only thing seriously wrong with it is it runs a bit heavy, so if you have a low-end or a particularly old device it will chug something awful.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Chrome is imho one of the worst browsers on Android, at least speed-wise. And it's missing a lot of features like auto word wrap when zooming into text. :(
I do like Next Browser a lot and highly recommend it. Web page loading speeds are the fastest I have seen on Android so far and scrolling is always buttery smooth, even on very complex web sites. The interface is lean and simple. Word wrap is there, bookmarks are sortable, which is very important to me. Here is the link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.jiubang.browser&token=ueZ7CB_b

Next is a great browser with one major downside, IMO. I hate how it won't just play videos but makes you download them instead.
If not for that I'd use it always.

Posted via Android Central App

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Next is a great browser with one major downside, IMO. I hate how it won't just play videos but makes you download them instead.
If not for that I'd use it always.
I've honestly never seen this behaviour before! Next uses an HTML5 video player if Flash is not installed, just like all the other browsers around. (But Flash is also supported.) Can you show me a link where Next forces you to download a video instead of playing it?

Mister Android123

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I always go with the stock browser made for the OS. I feel they are integrated better and from what I've seen from benchmark test, that seems to hold true.

Chrome for Android, Safari for iOS works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So after trying the top 20 browsers in the Google play store I have to say the top two IMO are maxathon and puffin. Nobody mentioned puffin, but I have to say it's the best browser I've used on Android by far. It's super fast and consistently beat all of the other browsers in speed. It supports flash as well which is a nice feature, websites load and work properly like viewing them on a desktop, and finally it has a trackpad! This is the most handy feature of the browser. When you need to click something specific on the screen, but it really hard to touch, the trackpad works as a mouse cursor to give you ultimate precision. On a side note I was really disappointed with Chrome. It offered nothing unique and I had issues loading certain websites.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've used quite a few. I really liked dolphin when i had my Thunderbolt. Then when i moved onto the s3 i think i began to realize dolphin wasn't rendering all pages as well as stock. I tried boat, maxathon - they were ok. Tried xscope. I liked that one. Tried Firefox - renders pages badly.

Now on the G2 i'm using chrome.

I do prefer stock, though.