problems transferring music files to PC

Seb Brantigan

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
hi all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and am having trouble transferring music files from my phone to my PC, but not sure if this is a problem with the memory card or the phone.

I go into the 'Music' folder on the memory card and it lists all my music in artists and not individual tracks - in some folders there are subfolders with the artists' albums and the music files are in there, but in other artists' folders there are no music files and they're completely empty.

I've tried using SDrescan which hasn't helped, beginning to think the SD card is corrupted somehow even though all music files play on the phone flawlessly. Is someone able to point me in the right direction please, would be much appreciated as am getting to the end of my tether here! I just want to copy and paste some music to my laptop form my phone, had no idea it would be so difficult.

Thanks

Seb Brantigan

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
as much as I would love to use Kies it's a horrible piece of software and I have encountered no end of problems using it, I'd rather drop and drag music or even sync with Windows Media Player, which I think I did before...

EDIT: fixed by transferring music from phone to Kies, then dropped and dragged the music files to a music folder on my PC :)

Last edited: