Jelly Bean Wi - Fi

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
So here's my problem. I'm moving, and the place where I'm going to live has a wifi connection with mac address + normal password.

The thing is that, with my phone (Motorola Razr i android jelly bean) and my wifi widget (Wifi Manager) I cannot imput this mac address (they don't have options for it) so even if I input the correct password, I cannot connect to the internet, and without decent internet (the university one is fully blocked , little to none downloads allowed) I cannot download apps from the store or attachments from my email.

Anyone has any suggestion app wise, setting wise , etc ?

thanks in advance!

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
All I got is this:
4l1o.png

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure. Short of needing your MAC registered, I've never had to deal with a network which required you to type in a MAC address. All attempts at researching such a thing are resulting in nothing helpful.

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
When I open my wi-fi, it shows me the connections available including the one I use, but after connecting with the right password I cannot go to any web page since it stills requires the mac address. Knowing the SSID what do I do next?

EDIT: I mean, the router has a password, but they also set a mac address (password) that needs to be entered in order to utilize the connection.Even if you are connected, without that key you can't access anything :(

Last edited:

robert.wason

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard of entering a MAC address as a password after you've already entered a password. Do you mean instead that your MAC address must be registered with your router in order to access the network as Scott mentioned? If so, then you need to add your phone's MAC address through the router's setup before you connect.

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Actually it works like this, at least how they told me:

You find the connection, enter the password, and then the connection mac address. Then you can connect to the internet.

Is this the correct procedure ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke