Contacts vs People

dave_w_h

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus 10 and Note 2 phone. My Nexus 10 came with the app people and my phone comes with the app contacts. I just realized that the two apps are different and the data is not interchangeable. Is there a way I can have both apps share common data.

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you are willing to sync your contacts to Google, you can have them propagate across born devices I believe.

Tapatalk4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, syncing your contacts to Google will enable the same information on both devices. It's very helpful for this particular reason, in addition to cases where you might lose the device and need to retrieve contacts.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I always sync my contacts and have done for years but the info on my tablet (people) is not syncing with my contacts.

Open the system settings (on the tablet) and go to your accounts. Click on the Google account associated with your device and make sure the contacts box is checked to sync.

Let us know if that helps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Will that sync all off the #s I have in my other accounts like Yahoo & from when I used to store my #s on Verizon backup? I have my contacts showing up like 5 times. So when I uncheck some of them from the view, the ones stored there disappear. Is there a way to get them all in to Google? I even tried to join them, that sucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dave_w_h

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Open the system settings (on the tablet) and go to your accounts. Click on the Google account associated with your device and make sure the contacts box is checked to sync.

Let us know if that helps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I checked my settings and yes contacts is checked as well as people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie