My Galaxy Tab 3 "rings" from time to time

Denis54

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got a free 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and have installed very few programs on it. It runs Android 4.1.2

Strangely, a bell rings from time to time. It can be quiet for several hours and then a bell "rings" for no apparent reason. This seems to be totally random.

What might cause this? I have very little experience with Android devices.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got a free 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and have installed very few programs on it. It runs Android 4.1.2

Strangely, a bell rings from time to time. It can be quiet for several hours and then a bell "rings" for no apparent reason. This seems to be totally random.

What might cause this? I have very little experience with Android devices.

It seems you're getting a notification for something. As far as what, I couldn't tell you. I'd check every app and see what settings you have enabled for alerts and notifications. If you find the one that's set to the bell, you've found the issue. It could be an email or messenger program. Could even just be an app you wouldn't expect an alert from. I get alerts from ibotta for some reason.

Johnny Greenman

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
i have the same anoying F'n! ringing going on as well. I bought this tablet 3 about 3 weeks ago and
want to use the wake up alarm feature. Of course....through the night I have that stupid anoying ring
that goes off and wakes me up!!! F! WTF!!! Dumb stupid *** commie bastards have to go and let
this get by quality control. If anyone finds out what is doing this PLEASE POST!!!. I am probably
going to take mine back and swap it out. F!@# this 2013 man. You would think this little anoying
SH@# would have been a thing of the past. Im pissed because I lost sleep last night with the stupid
little ringing going off. It sounds like old basic ring tone and is random. I already disabled notifications
in the settings tab. No help.:mad:

Johnny Greenman

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Think I got it figured out....On the front tablet when first turning it on there is an Email icon shortcut.
This is where the ringing is coming from. I could not figure out how to log out of the F'n app though.
I deleted the shortcut but still got the ringing a little later. I went into settings and found the SOUND
icon. Click on this and there are 3 adjustments here. Turn your notification sound ALL THE WAY
OFF!. Problem solved. Have not had any more anoying rings so far! I was getting them every hour
or so. It's been a day now and no rings, Damn COMMIE bastards @!#! for putting the app there in
the first place and not making it easy to simply sign out of my email.

Acomic

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on Samsung Galaxy Note3 5.7. Turning notification sounds to silent did not work for me. I went into Settings > Device settings > Blocking mode > disable notifications. I then set the timer in the bottom of the screen to allow notifications only go off during the day.

Peter Karwacki

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Its not obvious, you must touch on the email address you are using and then find the notification: the ringing is from "postman", you must change this to "silent".

annroberts54

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I have done everything everybody has said. All notifications are silent. Checked email settings and it shows the notification there is set to silent also. Checked the very few aps I actually even have on it. I use it mainly to watch Netflix in bed and don't have a lot set up on it. It is driving me crazy. Sounds like this might be a not-fixable issue. It can go weeks without the little chime and then do it every few minutes for days

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae