My s4 battery drains too fast

omar ghonimat

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I got my samsung galaxy s4 yesterday , i used it, it was very good , but when i slept i left it fully charged (100%) and when i woke up it went down for 40%
knowing that only wifi , sound , and power saving were enabled . but when i use it doesn't drain like this . Can you tell me is that normal ?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my samsung galaxy s4 yesterday , i used it, it was very good , but when i slept i left it fully charged (100%) and when i woke up it went down for 40%
knowing that only wifi , sound , and power saving were enabled . but when i use it doesn't drain like this . Can you tell me is that normal ?
It shouldn't drain 60% over night if everything is working properly. Go into battery stats and take a look at what is running. Perhaps take a screen shot and post it for use to take a look at.

I'm guessing the device could be searching for signal or an app is syncing over night causing the device to stay awake and not sleep properly.

savmandy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
You should turn your phone off and let it charging overnight. I do that and my battery lasts for about 6 hours, and I use my phone constantly. :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

fastcaster

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S3. I bought it back in June and the battery seems to drain incredibly fast whenever the screen is off. I've checked a number of forums and disabled pretty much everything besides Wi-Fi. I mainly use the phone for chatting, internet, and a few language apps. Running Battery Saving Apps hasn't helped. For example, when I have about 90% battery it says that I should have around 16 hours of battery remaining but in practice it's probably a quarter of that time.

Not really sure what else I can do. I've read elsewhere that this problem is somewhat common and may be related to an update. I'm running JB 4.1.2. My last resort option is to backup and factory reset all the data. Any other advice?

View attachment 78811

View attachment 78812

Dilkumar Subedi

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Solved!!!!

Just hard reset your device and recharge your phone full. Go to settings>account>factory reset. Warning: You will lose all your files in device unless you save them.

Thanks,

CV Angelo

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
What??? Factory reset is your solution?

That makes no sense. First thing I would do is check the WiFi signal. If it is weak, it will drain your battery quite rapidly as the phone is continuously trying to find/connect to it. If that's left on overnight with a weak WiFi connection, you can bet that half of your battery power or more would be consumed.

In any event, why are people sleeping with their phone on. You should be looking at the automatic power on/off schedule. My phone sleeps at 1am and wakes at 6am. Typically, it's recharging during that time. So it's at 100% when I get up, and by the time I go do bed, it's ready to begin the recharge cycle. I also use the battery save feature, and I also use the No-Frills CPU control app (phone is rooted) to keep CPU running at less than full speed. Plus I use Greenify to hibernate some apps that just stay running in the background even though I'm not using them...that chews up battery power too.

Solved!!!!

Just hard reset your device and recharge your phone full. Go to settings>account>factory reset. Warning: You will lose all your files in device unless you save them.

Thanks,

Aidan64

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I would charge my battery overnight to 100%. 4 hours later the battery would be at 10%. This has only happened in the last 2 weeks. My phone would also be red hot after charging After reading other forums I have done the following

1. Turned off motions and gestures and Air View from the Settings. I didnt really use these anyway
2. Turned of Use GPS Satellite from the Location in Settings
3. Clicked Power Saving Mode from the drag down menu
4. Disabled sync in the Settings - Accounts for all the accounts
5. Downloaded Battery Booster Lite
6. Deleted the last 3-4 apps I downloaded - could have been a rogue app
7. Turned off Wi-Fi when I was not in a Wi-Fi area.
8. Deleted cleaner apps. Manually deleted cache etc from the Settings-More-Applications Manager

Nothing worked. I still had the same problems as before up until yesterday. I read on another forum that the sd card drains the battery on the S4. I took out my sd card. Simple as that. It worked. I have taken my phone off charge 3 1/2 hours ago. Battery is at 80%. Would have been down to 30% or less when I had the issues.

Randa AlAnsary

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I would charge my battery overnight to 100%. 4 hours later the battery would be at 10%. This has only happened in the last 2 weeks. My phone would also be red hot after charging After reading other forums I have done the following

1. Turned off motions and gestures and Air View from the Settings. I didnt really use these anyway
2. Turned of Use GPS Satellite from the Location in Settings
3. Clicked Power Saving Mode from the drag down menu
4. Disabled sync in the Settings - Accounts for all the accounts
5. Downloaded Battery Booster Lite
6. Deleted the last 3-4 apps I downloaded - could have been a rogue app
7. Turned off Wi-Fi when I was not in a Wi-Fi area.
8. Deleted cleaner apps. Manually deleted cache etc from the Settings-More-Applications Manager

Nothing worked. I still had the same problems as before up until yesterday. I read on another forum that the sd card drains the battery on the S4. I took out my sd card. Simple as that. It worked. I have taken my phone off charge 3 1/2 hours ago. Battery is at 80%. Would have been down to 30% or less when I had the issues.

Great tip .. I have the same problem and I just move many apps to the sd card to clear some space .. never thought it would cost me my battery life .. am trying that .. hope it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34