Auto-Downloaded "Passback.JS" - Unknown if file is safe

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Recently, my Galaxy S4 downloaded a file called "Passback.JS" automatically - all I know about it is that it is a Javascript file.. I do not have any applications downloaded that are obviously related to the file.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was a valid Android file or if it was a virus/malware... I'm trying to avoid doing a master reset, but am tempted as I have no clue what the file is, and I don't think it is connected to anything on my phone.

Thanks for your time!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Recently, my Galaxy S4 downloaded a file called "Passback.JS" automatically - all I know about it is that it is a Javascript file.. I do not have any applications downloaded that are obviously related to the file.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was a valid Android file or if it was a virus/malware... I'm trying to avoid doing a master reset, but am tempted as I have no clue what the file is, and I don't think it is connected to anything on my phone.

Thanks for your time!

If you still have the notification, you can long pres it, and the info of the app responsible should show up.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Patruns - Thanks - I'd actually seen that page, and it appears to be a whole lot of questions, and very few answers as to what it actually is...

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Golf - If it comes back, I'll check it.. I actually deleted the files (through the My Files folder). Thanks for the hint!