S4 speaker goes dead after text message while on a call. PLEASE HELP!

xvipx

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having a problem on my S4 that I had on my S3. I am stock rooted on MF9. It happens when I am on a call and receive a text message during the call. It also sometimes happens when I am on a call and receive a call (call waiting) and do not answer it. After I receive the text or missed call waiting call I can continue the call that I am on. However, when I hang up 2 things happen. First my notification volume goes down to almost 0. I do not hear any notifications such as texts, etc (at about 5% volume even turned up all the way). When I try to make my next call my speaker (earpiece) stops working completely. I hear the beep from it that the call connected and the timer starts but I can not hear anything on the other end. This was a big problem on my S3 and now it just started happening on my S4. I am using handcent for my texts. In handcent I tried turning the alert on and off while on a call. I have to reset my phone several times a day as this is the only thing that fixes this issue. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?

Last edited:

xvipx

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have solved the issue. It is being caused by an old app that I had installed called call waiting configurations 1.9.9. This app was messing up the sounds on my S3 and S4 so if you have it DELETE IT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs