ADB command gets killed before it finishes.

Tim Geypens

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this forum but I've been reading some pretty good solutions over here. I hope someone will be able to help me out with the problem I'm having with my Motorola Razr I.
I'm having a problem with unlocking my phone. Some of my friends tried to unlock the pattern but after 20 failures the phone blocked. Now I have to submit my google login so I can get back on it. The problem with that was that I was on vacation abroad so my 3G and wifi were both turned off. I've read about other problems like this and came to a point where I was trying to turn on my wifi with adb. I found that I could use the command "svc wifi enable" and I tried this several times, every time with the same result: I think the command starts but then gets killed before it finishes.

Anyone who has any idea what causes the kill or how I could solve this? I have included a screenshot of what happens. I hope someone could help me out here.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Edit: My phone is not rooted but USB debugging is enabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4

Tim Geypens

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi farukh,

I didn't really find any explanation for why adb was just killing the command and not showing any other message than just 'killed'. After some other research I decided to root my phone. This made me lose all of my app data and stuff like that but I was able to get back on my phone. I later tried the command again and adb executed the command just fine.

This means adb needs root access to execute the command completely.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz