Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my HTC One (running Android 4.2.2 - locked to the portuguese carrier TMN). The thing is that my carrier is charging me for daily data connections that I'm not doing. I noticed that if I do not make a data connection an automatic data connection would be charged by the carrier everyday more less at the same hour. Android data traffic monitor does not have any data traffic record, also I've installed Avast and it neither registered data traffic.
    Is this possible to have a malware installed that is enabling the data connection automatically/silently and skipping the traffic monitor? Or is it more likely to be a carrier fault?

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    09-11-2013 08:42 PM
    Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my HTC One (running Android 4.2.2 - locked to the portuguese carrier TMN). The thing is that my carrier is charging me for daily data connections that I'm not doing. I noticed that if I do not make a data connection an automatic data connection would be charged by the carrier everyday more less at the same hour. Android data traffic monitor does not have any data traffic record, also I've installed Avast and it neither registered data traffic.
    Is this possible to have a malware installed that is enabling the data connection automatically/silently and skipping the traffic monitor? Or is it more likely to be a carrier fault?

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    Welcome to the forums!
    It can be kind of hard to track down. Google syncs services on your phone. Any number of say email apps will check the net depending on settings. Unfortunately, this is too much of a broad question.
    09-11-2013 09:20 PM
    Agree it's hard to track down but one thing I would like to be sure is that if wi-fi and data connections are off, no matter what, it is impossible to an application to start a data connection.Otherwise it will be a security issue, IMO. Right?
    09-12-2013 03:35 AM
    Agree it's hard to track down but one thing I would like to be sure is that if wi-fi and data connections are off, no matter what, it is impossible to an application to start a data connection.Otherwise it will be a security issue, IMO. Right?
    I am not sure. I don't think so.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-12-2013 08:33 AM