Wifi goes off when phone is in sleep/lock mode

lvaibhavt

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have samsung galaxy S2 with 4.1.2; when my phone goes in sleep/lock mode the wifi disconnects. when i unlock my phone then wifi connects again.
I installed many wifi keep alive applications but none of them work
Can you please suggest me wifi keep alive application which keeps my wifi session on -- even if my phone is in sleep mode

Thanks in advance

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Set Wi-Fi sleep policy to "Never"

On your Android phone:

For Android 2.3 and earlier

1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi settings> and select the menu button again.
2) You?ll be prompted to either scan or select advanced. Select ?Advanced?
3) Select ?Wifi sleep policy? , and you will have a couple of options to select from. Choose ?Never?.

For Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later:

1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > WiFi and select the menu button again.
2) Select Options, Advanced
3) Set ?Keep WiFi on during sleep? to ?Always?

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine stays on/connected. Try this.
Menu Button, Settings, tap the word Wi-Fi, Menu button, Advanced, Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep (Always).

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I have samsung galaxy S2 with 4.1.2; when my phone goes in sleep/lock mode the wifi disconnects. when i unlock my phone then wifi connects again.
I installed many wifi keep alive applications but none of them work
Can you please suggest me wifi keep alive application which keeps my wifi session on -- even if my phone is in sleep mode

Thanks in advance

The other posters are correct. Keep in mind this will run your battery down faster. That is why it turns off when sleeping by default.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
The other posters are correct. Keep in mind this will run your battery down faster. That is why it turns off when sleeping by default.

actually it will SAVE battery while you are connected to WIFI. WIFI data uses less battery than Cellular data. if you are away from WIFI, it will ocassionaly search for an open WIFI hotspot but my experience tells me that it is a low power search and only nominally affects battery life. in summary, the pros far outweigh the cons IMO so i just leave WIFI on 24/7.

Dhiane Jhumz

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
hi gud day! i have a problem on my phone GT-s5300
how to connect on wifi when my phone is still locked?

- - - Updated - - -[/S

"too many pattern attemps" thats my problem on my phone and i want to open it but i dont know how it works! :( my phone is need to log in on my gmail but how can i log in when my phone is still locked? help me pls!

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
As you were setting up your phone with the pattern lock, you should have also had to set up a backup pin number for this very reason. If you can't get into your device because you've entered too many incorrect patterns, you should be able to open it with the backup pin number you chose. If you by chance forgot BOTH of these, you will need to take your device in and have your carrier reset your phone. As long as you are owner of said phone and can verify that, you will be ok. This is to ensure the device is not stolen and so that nobody else can access your device.
Good luck!

tap'n

raju99

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem too with my Samsung galaxy grand neo
This is due to some optimizer programs. I got the solution by unistalling android tuner.
Pl. remove such type of programs
"DONE"

rileyrg

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
actually it will SAVE battery while you are connected to WIFI. WIFI data uses less battery than Cellular data. if you are away from WIFI, it will ocassionaly search for an open WIFI hotspot but my experience tells me that it is a low power search and only nominally affects battery life. in summary, the pros far outweigh the cons IMO so i just leave WIFI on 24/7.
If there is no data usage then it makes sense to turn it off.

JaliniS

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Set Wi-Fi sleep policy to "Never"

On your Android phone:

For Android 2.3 and earlier

1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi settings> and select the menu button again.
2) You�ll be prompted to either scan or select advanced. Select �Advanced�
3) Select �Wifi sleep policy� , and you will have a couple of options to select from. Choose �Never�.

3) Set �Keep WiFi on during sleep� to �Always�

Hello maybe you can help me find something. I have the ice cream sandwich version, but when I get to the menu button in the wifi settings, I cannot find 'options' Selection

Haris Brackovic

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: I can't use Sim card in my note 3 n9005 not showing Sim card It shows emergency call only

Hy guys, please help me. I have problem with my wifi connection at home. Whenever I lock my phone, it loses internet connection and I don't recieve push notifications. I need to unlock my phone, go to specific apllication, for example Viber, and only then I see if I have new messages. This issue occurs only when I am connected to my home wifi. I think its a problem with the router, I have TP-Linkk dual band WDR4300. Please heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :D

mshah95

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
still it does not work with same above discussed problem !.)wifi setting "always" does not work 2.) keep alive also does not work.
plz help me..

Krish_2015

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The same problem persists in lenovo A5000.
still it does not work with same above discussed problem !.)wifi setting "always" does not work 2.) keep alive also does not work.

nafeesa mohey

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I have Lenovo P70 with 5.1 when my phone goes in sleep/lock mode the wifi disconnects. when i unlock my phone then wifi connects again.
i already apply the following setting but no use

3) Set �Keep WiFi on during sleep� to �Always�

please any one can help me to figure out how I can solve this problem

19_85

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
hi gud day! i have a problem on my phone GT-s5300
how to connect on wifi when my phone is still locked?

- - - Updated - - -[/S

"too many pattern attemps" thats my problem on my phone and i want to open it but i dont know how it works! :( my phone is need to log in on my gmail but how can i log in when my phone is still locked? help me pls!

Hold down the volume down, power button and menu button for 20 to 30 seconds then reset! Thats it!

Last edited by a moderator:

teeOviewisky

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I think is a flaw in 5.1 update for Lenovo P70.
My phone was okay until I did the update. What I noticed is that whenever my battery life is below 80% Wifi disconnects when in lock or sleep mode.
I have tried all steps but nothing seem to be working to keep the Wifi on
I am tired of the phone already:-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol