Galaxy S2 Tablet Updated To 4.2.2. +n Now Bluetooth Keyboard Does Not Work

wpwend42

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I updated my tablet as it directed me to to 4.2.2. and besides wiping all my apps folders more importantly now my Bluetooth keyboard does not work. I have this tablet for my job and NEED this keyboard to work. Is there a fix for this? I looked online and saw nothing really definitive.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, it's good to have you here! When your tablet scans for the keyboard is it not seeing it all or is it seeing/connecting but not accepting input from it?

greyowl86

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Tab 2 10.1 just updated to 4.2.2 from 4.1.2 a few days ago and I am experiencing the exact same symptoms. All my apps folders were gone, all my widgets as well, and indeed, more importantly, my Belkin keyboard no longer pairs. My device cant even see it. I can pair my phone and my tablet and I can pair my keyboard to my friends Iphone, so it NOT a hardware issue. Has there been any progress on this? I am no developer, but am willing to help in whatever way I can

Kjetil Ervik1

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have Samsung galaxy tab3. 10.1 and after the uppdate, my belkin bluetooth keybord not working enymore. Same problem, is nothing there! That is going on?

Philip Hon

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Similar issue here i have a tab 2 and upgraded last night to 4.2.2 now it cant find any of my bluetooth devices like my keyboard anyone have a soln

John Parker4

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I assume you may have corrected your problem by now, but if not:-
Go to settings>bluetooth>ook for new pairings and re pair your keyboard with tablet.
Should be ok then. John P

Posted via Android Central App

Philip Hon

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi John, Thanks for the reply. I had tried that yesterday, but unfortunately it did not pair. I had also tried to see if it would be able to locate other bluetooth devices, but the tablet simply won't find any. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks in adv.
Phil

J_A_Boonstra

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am new to this forum, but I wanted to tell you that I have the same problem. I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi and a Kensington KeyFolio Expert Bluetooth keyboard for Android. Just before updating I used my keyboard and all worked fine. I then updated from Android 4.1.2 to Android 4.2.2 and suddenly my keyboard is useless. I believe my Tab 2 sees the keyboard, because it appears in the Bluetooth section, but I get a warning, that my Tab 2 fails to communicate with the Kensington keyboard. I sent an e-mail to Samsung Netherlands and they replied that maybe my keyboard was not compatible with Android 4.2.2 (and/or higher). Is this true or is this a lot of BS? I really NEED the keyboard, because I use my Tab 2 for business purposes; without the keyboard the tablet is almost useless to me. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? It drives me crazy!

I am Dutch, so maybe my English is not perfect. If so, I apologize.

zapdog

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 and Keyboard. I suffered the same fate.
I use these steps everyday (at least until Samsung fix their snafu)

• Remove the pairing (if it has'nt already gone ...again!!)
    Turn off the keyboard
    Turn off bluetooth on the TAB 2
    Turn on the keybaoard
    Turn on Bluetooth on the TAB 2
    Run scan if keyboard not present
    Pair with Keyboard
    Repeat everyday - Sumsung please fix

CallumMacDaddy

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
This is what just worked for me:

Disconnect and unpair keyboard
Turn off and on
Hold down F11 key until LED flashes different colours
Bluetooth scan on tablet
Pair again

Didn't work first time but seems to working sweet now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670