Lagging on Messaging App Android 4.1.2

itsnedd

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone im using a Lenovo Dual Sim Phone,

Im just asking why is my messaging app lagging like hell when my messages exceeds to like 150+ messages, I mean its kinda awkward since this phone has a quadcore processor and a 512ram. Is this some glitch on the os or just the dual sim or dual text to sim 1 or sim 2 making it lag so bad?

Please help me thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 512 MB of RAM actually isn't considered a whole lot these days. Most midrange phones have at least 1 GB RAM. Remember, RAM is used to keep active apps open, so the more RAM you have, the more apps you can have that are active in memory, and the faster they can function.

That's a decent number of messages--how many have photos or videos embedded in them? If you receive a lot of multimedia via messaging, that stuff takes up storage memory, and if you don't have that much to begin with, (i.e.,4 GB or less), things might start to slow down as your storage memory runs low.

itsnedd

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
No sir no mms at all full short sms only. But seems a little awkward though is there a workarround to this i would like to store my messages though as we all know on iOS they like hide the message on top and there like view old messages is there something like that on android? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do a search in Google Play for "SMS Backup"--there are a number of apps that can store/archive your messages.