Google Services Battery Drain on Android 4.2.2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
There is a known issue on Android 4.2.2 with excessive battery drain with Google Services when Wi-Fi & mobile network location is enabled. Does anybody know if Android 4.3 resolves this? I can't believe that Google will not use Standalone GPS services if Wi-Fi & mobile network location is disabled. So, the only way to use Maps is to put the phone in excessive battery drain mode.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a known issue on Android 4.2.2 with excessive battery drain with Google Services when Wi-Fi & mobile network location is enabled. Does anybody know if Android 4.3 resolves this? I can't believe that Google will not use Standalone GPS services if Wi-Fi & mobile network location is disabled. So, the only way to use Maps is to put the phone in excessive battery drain mode.
Users were seeing high Google Services usage on 4.3 as well. Jerry had a blogpost a month ago that talked about it, hopefully it sheds some light on the issue: Google Services, battery usage and other areas of confusion | Android Central

prozacfield

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Users were seeing high Google Services usage on 4.3 as well. Jerry had a blogpost a month ago that talked about it, hopefully it sheds some light on the issue: Google Services, battery usage and other areas of confusion | Android Central

Nice article and i found new game reading it but it doesn't help us with battery life. :)
If i have Google Location and Google Now enabled my battery drain is unacceptable. I am not ready to lose 20% in two hours because Google want to know where i am and give me useless ?cards? that worth crap. Time to home? Time to work? They think we are imbeciles or what? Everything GPS-related is heavy on battery, but Google's stuff is a monster.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice article and i found new game reading it but it doesn't help us with battery life. :)
If i have Google Location and Google Now enabled my battery drain is unacceptable. I am not ready to lose 20% in two hours because Google want to know where i am and give me useless ?cards? that worth crap. Time to home? Time to work? They think we are imbeciles or what? Everything GPS-related is heavy on battery, but Google's stuff is a monster.
I'm sure this will be fixed with upcoming releases and/or the next version of Android. Let's hope its sooner rather than later.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like much more than just location services acting "normally." I have all of that stuff on and I lose about 2% per hour.

prozacfield

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like much more than just location services acting "normally." I have all of that stuff on and I lose about 2% per hour.

Sure. For example, I found that my phone has problem getting location while indoors. Seems that there's no timeout for location services so many times I see blinking GPS icon with ?Waiting for GPS? message in notification area.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc