Hello everyone;

I'm new to android following somewhat. I "was" an apple product iphone user sometime ago until I recently purchased an LG G2, awsome phone and I'm very impressed with the over all product along with the OS Jelly Bean 4.2.2. awesome changes and improvements. I'm curious though if the OS updates are pushed to the phone or does one have to check for updates frequently within a utility or a setting within the OS of the cell phone.
    10-03-2013 12:38 PM
    Hello everyone;

I'm new to android following somewhat. I "was" an apple product iphone user sometime ago until I recently purchased an LG G2, awsome phone and I'm very impressed with the over all product along with the OS Jelly Bean 4.2.2. awesome changes and improvements. I'm curious though if the OS updates are pushed to the phone or does one have to check for updates frequently within a utility or a setting within the OS of the cell phone.
    Welcome to the forums and Android!
    Updates are usually pushed through your carrier. So there is typically no need to worry about it. Sometimes devices get lost in the shuffle, but that is rare. Now updates typically get pushed out in batches, so if you see a friend with the update on the same phone and carrier, and you don't have it yet, give it time.
    10-03-2013 10:23 PM