4.2.1 upgrade

Bcano54

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Have Hisense 7 Pro tablet running Andriod 4.2.1 and would like to know if can upgrade to say 4.3 and if so, how do I do it.
Thx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you want to root your device (which I wouldn't recommend if you're a relative novice), just wait until the upgrade is announced. When it's available, your device will most likely tell you that a system update is available. You can check manually by going to Settings/About Tablet/System Updates.

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
And if you're feeling gutsy, you can float over to the xda-dev website where there is info on rooting the Sero 7 Pro as well as a few custom ROMs you can try, including one based on 4.3.1.. As B. Diddy suggested, however, it isn't for the faint of heart. You can screw things up if you aren't careful.

If that doesn't scare you and you want to learn, send me a message and I'll point you in the right direction. I have a rooted Sero 7 Pro with a Custom ROM on it and love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the similar problem, I got a ZTE Grand Memo V9815 N5 Smartphone with 5.7 Inch Android 4.1 Qualcomm APQ8064 Quad Core 1.5GHz, can I upgrade to 4.3, and how?

The source and process is different for different types of devices. You need to find folks talking about your specific device and see if a upgrade is even available. A few quick Google searches would be a good place to start.

Here is a link I found to a thread at XDA where some people are talking about how to root and hack your phone..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2262530

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4