Google Now Questions

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I really like the thought of using google now on my newly aquired android phone. When i get to work its giving me the card for my journey home but didnt give me a card for the journey to work - does it take a while to work out what time you normally travel? Also its displaying the route home info as soon as I arrive at work - is this always going to be the case or will it work out that I dont travel home until x time and hence only show it to me at that time.

I have also setup a notification using lightflow - I have told it to notify me if there is heavy traffic via google now - my question is - is this heavy traffic on any road within a distance around my current location, or is it looking at my next trip - either calendar or my return home and then only warning me of heavy traffic on that route etc? If the traffic notification is intelligent then say it knows I return home at 17:00, will it ignore heavy traffic at 10am (assuming I dont have an appointment in my calendar)?

Thanks

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You might have to tell it where you work. If you go to Settings > My Stuff > Places you can see where it thinks it is.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I also forgot about your other questions. Now usually takes your fastest route and reports that traffic. It also usually doesn't flag you about your trip until it is nearly time to leave.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Golfdriver

Thanks for your replies - so the traffic is always applied to a route you are going or it thinks you are going to take rather than just knowing you are currently positioned in x spot and then reports traffic on the roads around you?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Golfdriver

Thanks for your replies - so the traffic is always applied to a route you are going or it thinks you are going to take rather than just knowing you are currently positioned in x spot and then reports traffic on the roads around you?

It chooses a couple of routes and shows expected transit time for each.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae