Let me start out by saying I'm sort of a noob when it comes to this phone stuff.

I have a Galaxy S4 (Verizon) with Android 4.2.2, phone is only a couple weeks old. This phone randomly goes to the lock screen while I'm in the middle of typing a text message. Doesn't do it every time, but enough to be very annoying. I've tried rebooting and removing/re-installing the battery, still the same. Anyone have this problem and/or know a solution to it? Just wondering if there's a simple fix for this before I go back to Verizon and try to have them warranty it.

Thanks.
    Avrinder Bhangu likes this.
    10-15-2013 02:47 PM
    Reviving an old question, but an answer did not come up in my searches as of yet.

Also using Galaxy S4, running Android 4.3 however.
    Whilst texting, whatsapp conversations & internet browsing, the screen displays the "lock screen" (black screen with time & date visible) for a brief moment & then returns to the application in use.
    If the keyboard is being used during this time, that is disabled during the "lock screen activation" & you need to tap the text area to re-activate the keyboard.

Does anybody know what the cause or solution to this is?
    Avrinder Bhangu likes this.
    04-17-2014 01:26 AM