'Quiet Mode' randomly turns on and blocks calls

dukerboy

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Virgin Mobile, LB Optimus F3 4G LTE (it wasn't an option in the forums, so I came here instead). Not sure if this is an Android feature or an LG feature.

Anyway, this thing called "Quiet Mode" will randomly turn itself on at nighttime or in the middle of the day with no warning and silence all sounds and block calls from all contacts. This is obviously frustrating. I'm not bumping it in my pocket or anything -- you can't even turn this mode on without unlocking the screen and scrolling all the way over in my top pull-down bar. For instance, it's been sitting on the chair next to me for the last two hours and I just checked it and it's been in Quiet Mode for who knows how long.

I can add contacts to the allowed calls list, but I still won't hear the ring, and I can only add a limited number of contacts. Also, all the writing within this mode is really poor English, which is odd. Example: "Please mind that incoming calls with exactly the same numbers with below list will only be allowed." Anyway, it can be scheduled for certain times and I'm going to try scheduling it for just one minute from 4:00 - 4:01 AM every night and see if that helps satiate its compulsion to be in control.

Anyone know any ways I can keep it from doing this otherwise? It doesn't appear to be an app that I can fiddle with.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you find it in your list of running apps in the settings? I'd look myself but I don't have an LG phone and this is not a stock Android feature.

dukerboy

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not there. Maybe I should try back in the LG board? Although I did see Swype in my running apps, which I love but which always glitches out on me. I bet there's a subforum here for those kinds of things, huh?

LtOzaki

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you found a solution to the problem yourself? I contacted LG and they told me to fix the problem, you need to factory reset your phone. I have yet to factory reset mine but I am making rounds and posting this because I myself could not find a solution on Google either.

I know in this particular thread I am a bit late to the party but maybe you still have the phone.

If that fixes the problem please let me know, cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay