Hi there

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 and was today notified that an update was ready. I installed this which was the upgrade to 4.2.2

However since then, none of my apps will work. There is a short pause before I get:

"Unfortunately Coin Dozer has stopped"
    "Unfortunately Lookout has stopped"
    "Unfortunately Tiny Castle has stopped"
    "Unfortunately Candy Crush Saga has stopped"

etc.

I tried a reboot a couple of times but that didn't help. Checked to see if Upgrades were available for all affected apps but there are none.

This is a nightmare! Would anyone be kind enough to help me?

Thanks so much in anticipation,
    10-29-2013 01:54 PM
    Hi there

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 and was today notified that an update was ready. I installed this which was the upgrade to 4.2.2

However since then, none of my apps will work. There is a short pause before I get:

"Unfortunately Coin Dozer has stopped"
    "Unfortunately Lookout has stopped"
    "Unfortunately Tiny Castle has stopped"
    "Unfortunately Candy Crush Saga has stopped"

etc.

I tried a reboot a couple of times but that didn't help. Checked to see if Upgrades were available for all affected apps but there are none.

This is a nightmare! Would anyone be kind enough to help me?

Thanks so much in anticipation,
    Welcome to the forums. You can try to wipe cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    10-29-2013 02:06 PM
    I will give it a try... I assume that wiping the cache will not adversely affect any apps?
    10-29-2013 02:10 PM
    I have managed to clear the cache but sadly to no avail. I continue to get the "xxx has stopped" messages whichever application I try to open.

Looking for Android support it seems that I need to refer to Samsung or the retailer. Does anyone have a suggestion of the best course of action?

Thanks again,
    10-29-2013 02:26 PM
    I have experimented by uninstalling and re-installing one of the apps. This works, in that when reinstalled it will work correctly.

The trouble is, with many existing apps, especially games, there is a lot of data that I do not wish to lose.
    10-29-2013 02:34 PM
    I have experimented by uninstalling and re-installing one of the apps. This works, in that when reinstalled it will work correctly.

The trouble is, with many existing apps, especially games, there is a lot of data that I do not wish to lose.
    Download helium and back up the apps.

From a Sprint Moto X
    10-29-2013 03:39 PM
    Hi I too just had the 4.2.2 upgrade run on my Galaxy Note 8 - Firefox, arcos video both keep crashing. Multi Window disappeared.
    Have been able to get multi window working (read other thread)
    Have had to re-install apps that have crashed - they seem to crash after installing individual application updates from PlayStore, maybe issues with application updates installing after upgrade to 4.2.2 ???

Seems like a lack of proper testing ????

10-29-2013 04:33 PM