Galaxy S3: Frozen on Samsung Start Screen after Software Update

Naaajem

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, please help me.
I went through the whole process with Kies, BUT...
In the end the phone has on the screen many red error messages. Such as E: Failed to mount, Can´t mount, Can´t open... (No such file or directory)
Then i see the list with choices: reboot system now, apply update from ABD, and so on

When i want to restart it it again freezes on the first screen (Samsung Galaxy GT-I9300)
What is wrong? What should i do?

Thank you, best regards, John

KCyon

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi Naaajem. I am experiencing exactly this problem that you describe. Were you able to fix it? If so, I will really appreciate very much if you could tell me how did you fix it.

Best,

Dinky Ripple

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Will add that yes, you need to be sure re LETTERS/NUMBERS when noting model # in KIES or Kies3.
My Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 (that's the letter "I" in there, not a 1) turns out to work with Kies 3 not KIES.
Not sure what exactly went wrong but lost all texts.... Bummer.
All photos still in tact as they were on my miniSD card.
All contacts returned once I signed in with googleID and retrieved info.
And yes, once it began it was slow to work but I left it running overnight and it was all working this morning.
Thanks for excellent advice. I don't need to buy another phone just yet which is great!

no. the s/n number is marked separately.
also check your model number, if you're a GT-I9305 then you should use KIES3 - well, that worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

bostonbadgirl

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this - phone now back working great. Only disadvantage is that it lost all contacts, text messages and photo's that were stored on the phone also all apps had gone. Photo's on SD card remained so one small bonus....but still very happy to have phone back - just wanted to say thanks and warn people that doing the reset will probably lose everything stored on phone!!

Cheers again :)

Juan-Domingo

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: S3 Frozen on Samsung Start Screen after Software Update

Mine froze on SAMSUNG logo and I have tried this on the phone but when I get to the S/N it tells me the S/N cannot be verified, what can I do?

Thanks

fjprado66

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello Brother. I stopped in step 11. After inserting the template and S / N (uppercase) I got the message: "GT-I9300" does not support boot. Detail, the phone apparently is not recognized by my notebook when I made the USB connection. Any tips or is it Cemetery for Mobiles? LoL Tks a lot!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc