Help me please... Nexus 4 update to Kit Kat error

ollwien

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my OTA for 4.4 and downloaded the update. So I hit the restart and install button. The installing process ran like it supposed to be until the end part of it. The screen showed the word "error" with the android logo laying down. Then the phone just stayed like that and the screen not changing. So I decided to turn off the phone. Then I booted up the phone again, the google screen shows normally, but after that it shows the screen showing "no command" and I am stuck with that screen now and cannot go in. So I researched about it and find out I need to go to recovery mode. Then I hit the vol up and power button, then hit the recovery mode. But still, it shows the no command screen again.

Please help me... Thanks

Last edited:

GIANT LIZARDMAN

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, please help us!

---EDIT---

To get into recovery mode:

1) Press only the power button first
2) While holding the power button, press the vol up button for a couple of seconds
3) Let go ONLY of the vol up button, while still pressing the power button.

Last edited:

ollwien

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
The options that show up are start, restart bootloader, recovery mode, and power off. Then I picked the recovery mode, then the no command screen show up. How do you get to choose the option? I already hit the power vol up/down button, but the phone just boot up again. help me please :(

GIANT LIZARDMAN

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
When you choose Recovery Mode and you get the no command screen do this:

1) Press only the power button first
2) While holding the power button, press the vol up button for a couple of seconds
3) Let go ONLY of the vol up button, while still pressing the power button.

dar_k

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I also got an error with the 4.4 to 4.4.2 update when the OTA notification was given.

I later tried to sideload the zip file from the XDA OTA thread above, and it also gave me a signature error with an Mms file.

Seems like something is wrong with the OTA image?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781