Stuck flashing a ROM with HTC Desire HD

pesho318i

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

two days already I am trying to flash a custom ROM to my HTC Desire HD.

First I managed to unlock the bootloader using the Easy Ace Root Tool and installed ClockworkMod.

Then I tried flashing a Jelly Beans mod (JellyTime 4.2 R11) and it got stuck at the HTC logo screen. I tried all kinds of suggestions from the forums about wiping / formatting via ClockworkMod but with no success.

Afterwards I used a second phone to put the Download Android Revolution HD 7.3 ROM on the SD card and flash it. This one went fine through the installation wizard but when I was back to ClockworkMod recovery mode I got: "Can't open /cache/recovery/log" "Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log". Then I selected reboot and it was hanging on the HTC logo again... I was waiting for a minute before I took the battery out... After this I tried "format /cache" from the CWM but didn't help either.

Then I tried using a RUU utility in fastbood mode to flash an official HTC ROM: RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_Radio_12.65.6 0.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_225512_signed.
It reached a particular point saying that the update failed.

I thought I cannot install the official ROM because I have unlocked the bootloader, so I locked it again using the htc fastboot utility. This didn't help either and the RUU failed again.

Here is what the bootloader currently shows:
***** RELOCKED *****
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
Dec 22 2011, 14:28:19

I am at a point when I am ultimately confused and I don't know how much time I have (in terms of battery I mean :p)

So I have just a couple of shots before this turns into a beautiful piece of aluminium brick.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Pesho

miz_pimp

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Before you relocked your device, did you try flashing the boot.img file after you flashed the ROM?

I'm not sure about the ruu though, but have you tried a different ruu version? If your device is carrier specific, you should try the ruu for your carrier.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6

pesho318i

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I don't know how to express my gratitude.
Flashing the boot definitely helped.
I basically had to unlock the bootloader again by using the Unlock_code.bin that I already had.
Then I flashed the boot and it worked!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital