Global Contacts/Company Directory

Yourmum90

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have an exchange account set-up on my HTC One (Jellybean) and i can search the company directory from my organisation and pick up users numbers. The only issue i have is that if someone phones me my phone doesn't show the contacts name automatically. I know this is the same on BB's and Iphone but wondered if the geniuses at Android have found away.

Your help is appreciated and it may change my decision on which mobiles to role out to the company,

Rich

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe (and I'm not 100% on this) that you would have to save the contacts to your device as it has to search via the the net for contacts and doesn't download them all on to your device.

huxigames01

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Where you store your contact in device or in Sim. Just go into the contact setting and choose the preference in between phone and Sim contacts and you can able to see the number. Hope it works for you.

Yourmum90

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for confirming, we have a couple of hundred work contacts so i wanted to get out of saving them all locally. I'll just save the people who call me regularly.