Can't use any screen recording software on 4.1.2

MrSparkzz

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I heard that the way they coded the screen rendering engine in android 4.x makes it quite difficult to record. I have a Droid Razr (XT910) and I've tried multiple different screen recording programs. I make videos for YouTube, I use BlueStacks to record android videos. (I would use Genymotion, but my recording computer has an AMD processor (It doesn't have virtualization support)). I also have another year on my 2 year contract which really sucks. (I was planning on getting the Droid MAXX).

I've already tried Disabling HW Overlays and Forcing GPU Rendering in the developer options (Lots of people said this worked). That didn't work. I also tried Disabling HW Overlays, but keeping GPU Rendering off, and visa versa. Still nothing.

I was thinking of putting a custom ROM on my phone, but I'm not sure how I'd do that. (I've done it before and bricked my old phone). If you have any suggestions please leave them below. I've scoured the internet looking for a solution, but it's all the same. There's usually only one post telling the OP to do the thing in the second paragraph.