Question about RAM

Killfer8

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, It's been a whole year since i lost my last Android phone (HTC WildFire) until now, that I've acquired an Alcatel One Touch Idol Ultra HD (OT6033A) and I may add that my experience with the HTC was really good, so after a Symbian and then a Windows Phone I got this nice and thin phone. It's a full Android experience i might add. So I was taking a look on what's new (yeah from Froyo to Jelly Bean) and it is quite intresting and very, very complete (It comes with 4.1.1, and I'm expecting a 4.2). So, i'll get to the poin, i was taking a look and i noticed that only Facebook, takes over 100Mb of RAM, just for Facebook (running) and 60Mb unusing it. My Idol Ultra comes with a gig of RAM, so if I clean ram it's like 400-500Mb and with Facebook and navigating its 650-700Mb it's not lagging btw, I was just asking if that's normal because on my WP and Symbian i couldn't take a look at RAM usage and i was kind of surprised/scared that it used a lot of RAM.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, It's been a whole year since i lost my last Android phone (HTC WildFire) until now, that I've acquired an Alcatel One Touch Idol Ultra HD (OT6033A) and I may add that my experience with the HTC was really good, so after a Symbian and then a Windows Phone I got this nice and thin phone. It's a full Android experience i might add. So I was taking a look on what's new (yeah from Froyo to Jelly Bean) and it is quite intresting and very, very complete (It comes with 4.1.1, and I'm expecting a 4.2). So, i'll get to the poin, i was taking a look and i noticed that only Facebook, takes over 100Mb of RAM, just for Facebook (running) and 60Mb unusing it. My Idol Ultra comes with a gig of RAM, so if I clean ram it's like 400-500Mb and with Facebook and navigating its 650-700Mb it's not lagging btw, I was just asking if that's normal because on my WP and Symbian i couldn't take a look at RAM usage and i was kind of surprised/scared that it used a lot of RAM.

The OS uses the first 400-500 MB of it. After using the phone for a while the RAM seems to get more full, even if you clear it. So yes, I'd say with FB and Navigation running then it's not bad

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois