Update/Upgrade unlocked android phone

Jack Jamison

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought an unlocked Android (4.2.3) phone and inserted the sim card from my earlier AT&T flip phone and all is well. I am a new Android user and may want to update to 4.3 and since I expect to use the phone for some time I expect I'll want to Update to 5.1 (I hope I have the update/upgrade terminology correct). The phone is a PAE7189 and I'm unsure of the brand name; I think it may be a Star or Generic but I don't expect much manufacturer support.

Can I do these update/upgrades and If so could you point me to where I can learn how?

TIA,
Jack

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought an unlocked Android (4.2.3) phone and inserted the sim card from my earlier AT&T flip phone and all is well. I am a new Android user and may want to update to 4.3 and since I expect to use the phone for some time I expect I'll want to Update to 5.1 (I hope I have the update/upgrade terminology correct). The phone is a PAE7189 and I'm unsure of the brand name; I think it may be a Star or Generic but I don't expect much manufacturer support.

Can I do these update/upgrades and If so could you point me to where I can learn how?

TIA,
Jack

You'll have to check with the manufacturer if they're working on an update.

Or find someone that makes ROMs for that phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers