Can't update to 4.3?

KHFreak741

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Im getting really frustrated because I bought this amazing Samsung Galaxy note 2 but it's on Android 4.1.2 so I try to update using the update button but instead it just tells me to to check for software updates go to settings about phone then update software and its getting me annoying this phone is unlocked but still Verizon branded anyone know how to change that? Or at least any fix to the check for software updates bug fix? I have a Verizon sim but no service the sim is from the device it came with when I ordered it so I'm asking is there any way I can remove the annoying Verizon Stock stuff or verizon completely or is there a way I can force update to 4.3 or something? 4.1.2 sucks and its very annoying please help as soon as possible

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Sure you could do that if you have the 4.3 file. CyanogenMod 10.2 is an option since it's an aftermarket version of Android 4.3. Similar to stock but you lose many of the Samsung features.

CM does not have multi window built in. OmniROM is supposed to have multi window.

Last edited:

KHFreak741

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you know where I can get a rom for stock 4.3 firmware? And does it have to be like stock 4.3 verizon n7105 or just n7105 like is there different files for coherent carrier branded phones? Thanks a lot I really appreciate your help.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Install Official Android 4.3 XXUEMK5 OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105

Yes, the firmware has to be specifically for the carrier version of the phone you have. This looks like it includes a link to the 4.3 zip file for the Verizon N7105 Note 2. You will need to have your phone rooted in order to install the firmware. Also, the bootlaoder will need to be unlocked if Verizon locked it.

Btw, if you are mainly interested in removing the Verizon apps/bloatware, you can do so after rooting. Easier than rooting, unlocking bootloader, and flashing 4.3 from recovery.

You might want to check Samsung Kies for an update. Sometimes it's available through Kies but you don't get a message or notification.

KHFreak741

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Its too late haha I messed up by phone and I think its bricked its stuck on the boot logo so I gave it back got a refund and got an awesome nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay