Battery drain--Which apps?

MTHall720

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Will all the apps on your phone either make a difference in battery life by simply having them OR just the ones that load on your home screens?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Home Screen, Menu Key, Settings, More, Battery. A list of the battery drain percentages. The top name is the largest battery drain. My list shows Screen at 52% of the battery drain. For me the Auto brightness setting is bad. Best is to set fixed brightness at as low a level as workable and change setting if your in bright sunlight. Buying a smart phone with very large screen means large battery drain. My second item is Maps at 19%. I did use Maps. Obviously the highest % users are the items to investigate for reductions.

One way to get Apps usage is the app GSam Battery Monitor, available on Google Play for free. When I select that I get a list. One of the items listed is App Usage. It lists all apps and their % usage down to 0.1%. Go thru the list and choose what is using battery and you don't use the app. Go to Application Manager, select the app and Force Stop. I find shutting down unused apps is worthwhile. Some factory stuff will restart itself but most will stay off. You can also investigate individual app settings, background settings, blah, blah. Choose no sound alerts or simple short sound. Battery drain is impacted by low/noisy signals from the cell towers, WIFI availability. Airplane mode will give you a clue to how low can you go when phone idle. Probably easier to buy a second battery. :)
Ray

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Stop the research, and simply turn off location reporting and location history under location settings. It will NOT affect any functionality in terms of GPS location. I did a lot of research like this and found that to be the issue

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

nyknick1015

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a GS3 and I just did the 4.3 update. I was messing around with some of the new features and my battery has been lasting ALOT LONGER than it used to. I've been texting surfing, and FB all day like i normally do, my phone has been off the charger since 8am, its minutes after 4pm and I am at 58%. Before, normally, my battery would be on or under 50% just shy if 11am.

If you limit your launch by default applications, Im sure your battery will last much longer. When I found the list, it was at least 20-30 apps deep. I limited it to about 10. Just did a screen shot for ya

Screenshot_2013-12-13-16-06-35_zpsec9lqjjy.png

Last edited:

MTHall720

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to tell which h apps need to run at start up so no problems?
Is there such h a thing as a super long lasting battery with more capacity than the standard one?

docmartn

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
How do you set the limit to 10 apps? I have a GS3 also (bought in Nov of 2012) and I'm running 4.3 I can't find a screen where I can set the number of apps running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL