Mobile Version on Browser Issue on 4.2.2

Kcoolby

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys -

So I just decided to return by Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition my girlfriend got me and went with the Galaxy Note 8.0 for portability. I loved the 2014 edition for watching movies on in the airplane..... but I realized I didn't end up using it for anything else because it was too big and bulky. However, my Note 8.0 - I have been using it none stop because it's just so light and easier to use when on the go.

What do you guys think about my decision? It is hard giving up the screen real-estate - especially for watching movies (even though I have yet to watch movies on my Note 8.0 yet).

Anyways - back to the main issue. So I realized my note 8.0 browser does not always use the mobile version on websites. These include fairly popular websites like amazon, and news articles within yahoo. This is sometimes annoying since the popular websites have mobile browsers designed to fit the screen of the tablet. I found this out when I was comparing my Note 8.0 to the 2014. I would open Amazon and realized the page was different. After doing a little research I realized the 2014 was utilizing the mobile browser and the 8.0 was not. As such, I end up needing to pinch and zoom a lot more on the 8.0. I have tried to look at all the settings within the browser to determine how to fix this. However, no luck. I also hit the menu button while in the browser and noted that the desktop version option is unchecked..... even though the Note 8.0 is still not using the mobile version.

Any thoughts on a solution?

Thanks for your help!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you are using the default browser here is one solution that someone posted at Androidforums.com. On other browsers there are options to lock it into mobile or desktop, depending on your preference. Some of the more popular browsers are Dolphin, Boat, and Chrome. Chrome I believe defaults to mobile view, and dolphin I think does also but it has an add-on, similar to those in firefox for the pc, that allows you to quickly switch back and forth. I don't know much about Boat except I see it mentioned often when talking about Android browsers.

While I've never owned a tablet, I can't speak on what it's like to loose screen size, I will say that I doubt you'll miss the size difference after a short time. Personally I almost got the HTC One Max and instead opted for the HTC One X for similar reasons as you. It's just such a big device, to someone who essentially just wants a phone. Would movies have looked better on that big screen? Probably but they seem just fine on my smaller screen and I can take them with me without the bulk.

Hope you enjoy your new device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670