4.3 and Lockscreen Widgets Question

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way to add more than 1 widget to the lockscreen? When I press on the plus sign I can select 1 widget, and then choose whether or not to show the date, but I can't figure out any way to add a second widget.

Also, without a widget, the lockscreen will show the date and owner information, but if I add a widget I know longer see the owner information. Any way to get both?

Seeing as how Widget locker figured this out years ago, it seems like Google's effort is pretty pathetic, unless I'm really missing something.

Thanks.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the first question but I can add multiple widgets to my lockscreen. I have the same issue with not being able to see my information though if I add them though so I chose not to have any widgets. Does Widget locker still work?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
To add the second widget, you should be able to simply swipe right to go to a new screen. I have a Nexus, so I don't know if there are limitations with other phones. Try leaving the main lockscreen with the stock clock so your info is there, then add your custom widget to another page.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Maybe I'm missing something, or misunderstanding how multiple widgets are supposed to work. Right now I have a lockscreen with one widget, and the clock. If I swipe right, I get the screen with the plus sign, and if I add a widget it creates an additional screen with the new widget. So with the screen "locked" (swipe lock), I have to scroll to the left to get to the second widget. (I tried to capture a screen image, but it seems I can only capture the first lock screen, not the one that shows up when I scroll.)

Is it possible to have 2 widgets + time on one lock screen, without having to scroll sideways?

Thanks again.