Can't Boot into Recovery Mode!!!

dwelch022

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
My mom has a LG Optimus L9 p769. I'm trying to boot the phone into recovery mode by holding down the + volume button, the home button, and the power button. The phone will not boot into recovery mode. Am I doing something wrong? The phone works perfectly fine, I just can't get into recovery mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure the L9 has a stock recovery menu that is accessible by the user, based on this support page: Reset: LG Optimus L9 | T-Mobile Support. The recovery menu is where you can wipe the cache partition, and since that support page says wiping the cache partition isn't supported, I figured that there is no accessible recovery menu.

If I'm wrong, by all means, someone correct me!

dwelch022

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure the L9 has a stock recovery menu that is accessible by the user, based on this support page: Reset: LG Optimus L9 | T-Mobile Support. The recovery menu is where you can wipe the cache partition, and since that support page says wiping the cache partition isn't supported, I figured that there is no accessible recovery menu.

If I'm wrong, by all means, someone correct me!

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to put the CM10.2 Custom ROM on this phone. Do you know how I would do so without booting into recovery mode?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair