What do I expect from micro-SD card

jamak

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
New Samsung Galaxy owner; Just asking about the micro SD cards. I use SD cards in my DSLR and point 'n shoot and transfer to either my PC or iMac. I'm assuming the Micro does transferring the same way. Not sure if a micro card for phone transfers other things than photos. I won't be taking many photos with the camera and figure 8GB at most, maybe less but wasn't sure if micro can be used for something else like loading music, etc. into phone. Won't be doing that either.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
New Samsung Galaxy owner; Just asking about the micro SD cards. I use SD cards in my DSLR and point 'n shoot and transfer to either my PC or iMac. I'm assuming the Micro does transferring the same way. Not sure if a micro card for phone transfers other things than photos. I won't be taking many photos with the camera and figure 8GB at most, maybe less but wasn't sure if micro can be used for something else like loading music, etc. into phone. Won't be doing that either.

So, what do you want to do with an SD card?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes. You can use it for stuff like videos, music, pictures, and if you're into tinkering; can even hold your ROMs and/or backups should you ever need to flash something :)
Sadly, apps don't support SD cards anymore though :-\

jamak

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure what the macro-SD slot is for, doesn't mention it much in the manual. I would only use it for transferring photos but again, I don't know what else it is for besides that.

jamak

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes. You can use it for stuff like videos, music, pictures, and if you're into tinkering; can even hold your ROMs and/or backups should you ever need to flash something :)
Sadly, apps don't support SD cards anymore though :-\

Didn't see this post, thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.