Phone contact set up help

burrism

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, All....

When I got my two Huawei phones, I had MetroPCS transfer the contacts from the old to the new phones.
The old phones were only feature phones and only had a list of names and phone numbers.
This worked well in the contacts menu and still does on the second phone. On mine however, I had to restore and even though Titanium( I'm rooted) said it had everything backed up and would auto restore, it didn't.
No problem restoring the apps, but now where I used to open the phone contacts, touch a name and it would dial out, this is all gone and I get a huge group of email contacts that resided on my PC instead. I have disabled sync so this doesn't happen again.

I'm beginning to see that Google wants to be and is all encompassing in their ways. I have searched everywhere and installed numerous apps to try to solve this but no luck.
I suppose I will have to create another named group and enter each name and number from before, as I no longer have the phones with the contacts.
I know that the phone type has to be called mobile in order for a text to ever go through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

kingfish23

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the Samsung Galaxy Centura and was SHOCKED to find there is NOT a contacts button!
Why would they remove such an important feature? That has always been my primary button!
Do I now need to download some type of app just to have this function? I dont know and, honestly, I dont understand.