New Email on Notication list not really resetting after clear

ttbit

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 on 4.3 using stock email app for Exchange connectivity. (Verizon)

I receive about 100 new messages a day from our Exchange server. 1st email comes in for the day and I get a from and subject in the status bar. Messages after that show : (message count) new messages blah blah. By the end of the day it says I have 100 new messages. If I clear the notification, the next time I get a new email, it says 101 new emails. The "clear notifications" does not reset the count! It does for Gmail, which makes sense. The only thing that will reset the count is by going into the email program and then exiting back out. This is a bug, right? I realize I can "drag down" and get more detail on the messages, which is great, but I want the count to reset when I swipe the notification away.

I am writing an app for a smart watch and the problem lies where everything after the first message is not giving me the detailed information I need for my app. As a human using the phone, I can just launch the email app. No big deal. Can't do that from a watch when the phone is locked.

I read 99% of my emails from my computer, and is why the count grows on the phone.

Anyone else run into this? This is my first Samsung device, and I have only owned it about a month. Couple of major issues with it compared to my Droid X, but nice powerful hardware.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It definitely sounds like an issue with the App or the App is not designed to clear out the number of notifications as it does with Gmail. There may be other Exchange compatible Apps in the Play Store that will do just that, so take a look and see if anything is worth installing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca