Switched from ios - transfer bookmarks without a computer

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am looking to move all my bookmarks over to chrome since been using safari, need advice on how to transfer without a computer. All I have is a android phone and a ipad.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and congratulations on your switch to Android!

I've never done it before, but it seems to me that transferring bookmarks should be fairly straightforward. You can read more details in the link below, but in general, on your iPad, you'll want to install the Chrome browser, and then sign into the Chrome browser using your Google sign in. Then you'll have to export your Safari bookmarks into a file, which you can then import into Chrome. Once those bookmarks are imported into Chrome, they should sync across all of your platforms, so that when you open Chrome in your Android phone, you'll see those bookmarks there.

Google Groups

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Before I owned my iPhone 3GS, I owned a Motorola Droid running Android 2.1, android has come a long way. I do like a lot of games on my ipad, but prefer my prism II although I plan to save for a nexus 5. There is no way to extract bookmarks from safari on my ipad that I know of. I got rid of my computer year ago, ugh apple makes it complicated of course. I have had chrome installed on both ipad and iPhone but wasn't using it as main browser due to all bookmarks on safari :( I got a majority already on chrome but a lot I don't have still

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android, and the forums!! Hope your transfers go well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app