why my Accelerometer work only in portrait mode?

ala slipknot

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S Advance Gt I1970, running under Android 4.1.2 (official update). the problem is when i try to play games that require the phone sensors, for example Angry Birds Go or Frisbee Forever, the player always go to the left, but then i tried "Ridiculous Fishing" which is also a game that require sensors and it works perfectly but this game doesn't rotate the phone to the landscape mode, then i tried an application called "accelerometer test" and the result was as expected, i can control the ball when am holding the phone in portrait position bust when it's in landscape, everything is missed up. Any advice please ?

UPDATE :
Problem fixed by downgrading to ginger bread, re-calibrate horizontal acceloremeter and then update to jelly bean again
thank you

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S Advance Gt I1970, running under Android 4.1.2 (official update). the problem is when i try to play games that require the phone sensors, for example Angry Birds Go or Frisbee Forever, the player always go to the left, but then i tried "Ridiculous Fishing" which is also a game that require sensors and it works perfectly but this game doesn't rotate the phone to the landscape mode, then i tried an application called "accelerometer test" and the result was as expected, i can control the ball when am holding the phone in portrait position bust when it's in landscape, everything is missed up. Any advice please ?

UPDATE :
Problem fixed by downgrading to ginger bread, re-calibrate horizontal acceloremeter and then update to jelly bean again
thank you
Welcome to the forums!

Glad to see you fixed the issue and were posted the fix for others to follow if they run into the same issue. Let us know if you have any questions or if we can be of assistance.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer