Major Problem - Please Help !

escorbar23

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have a major problem I hope someone can help me with. I have gone to great lengths to try to show the problem both in photos and video of the problem. I cannot find anything about this and it is making me very angry. The phone I purchased is a ZTE Radient : Which I am told is the newest android out; they did not even have cases for the phone at the mall and it is supposedly twice as powerful as the Galaxy S3 for just a fraction of the price. Well, I have loved the phone. It is my second smart phone. My first phone was the ZTE Avail 2, and it did not have this problem.

Here's the story : I plug in my headphones or I plug in my FM transmitter; and this silly phone starts pulling up Google, Searching the Names with voice, and it's just terrible. I even told it "Stop Showing Up!" but it would not listen. Its like it's mocking me. This phone knows what it's doing, and it has made me so frustrated over the past couple days I almost threw it.

Fig. 1.1 of the problem :

2014-01-2813-38-25573.jpg

Now, I will do a zoomed in shot to show you what I think personally is the problem. If you look at that icon with the headphones; you will notice it has a mouth piece at the bottom. I think the phone is somehow believing that a head set is being plugged in and has a microphone. Instead, each time I try to listen to music, sports, or other news I get this. It will not stop; as soon as I close it. It comes back.

Fig. 1.2 of the problem:
2014-01-2813-39-16310.jpg

I have also included a Youtube video of the problem. Notice it is intermittent and can only seem to be stopped by locking the phone. Airplane mode will not stop it. Nothing will stop it and I think it's terrible. I think people working for Google are doing this to me on purpose and other users with hot mics and cameras to study how they behave when their phones stop working.

Please Help Me !!!

Thanks,
Escorbar :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Different types of headphones may have additional contacts in the plug to convey commands to the device (like, for example, a remote control volume adjustment that comes with the headphones). It may be that your headphones and your FM transmitter use a plug that is not entirely compatible with your phone's jack, and are sending erroneous signals or commands. See if you can find a basic set of headphones (without a microphone or remote control), and see if the problem persists.

escorbar23

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Mr. Diddy - Thank you so much !

I knew it had to be something. I tried a few different head phones and even tried to wiggle the jack around. I think you are right; I'm about %90 sure this is the problem. I noticed that when I run the FM transmitter; half of the speakers in my car wont work. I have to roll the jack around between my fingers and then all the speakers work. You can tell it's a shaky connection. Sometimes, it works; but I feel like now that you explain this. Each time those copper leads touch : It tries to load up like it's running a head set.

The next question is this : Can I just go ahead and get rid of the Google search or Voice Dialing ? I tried and it said that I could not remove the programs. I don't need them; and I mainly use the phone on the road so I can jam out. It gets so frustrating; and is very humiliating when people are riding with me or I try to show off my speakers.

Thanks again !!!

Eska

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if there's a way to disable the Voice Dial feature. You could always try to Disable the Google Search app by going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Google Search, and tapping Disable. You might have to Uninstall Updates from it first. But then you'd lose all of the functionality of Google Search.

Any way you could try a different FM transmitter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz