Can't turn off "Screen Lock"

Marin Manestar

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Some time ago i installed a certificate on my phone cause I needed it for my college Wifi.
It automaticly set Screen lock on my phone.
After I uninstalled it I cant get the swipe unlock on my phone back.
I tried restarting the phone, I deleted the certificate but it still wont let me use swipe unlock.
When I try to change it it says "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
And only Pattern, PIN, and Password are possible. Swipe, Motion, Face unlock, Face and voice cannot be chosen.
I know there are some 3rd party programs like 'no lock' but is there any way I can fix this?

Last edited:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Some time ago i installed a certificate on my phone cause I needed it for my college Wifi.
It automaticly set Screen lock on my phone.
After I uninstalled it I cant get the swipe unlock on my phone back.
I tried restarting the phone, I deleted the certificate but it still wont let me use swipe unlock.
When I try to change it it says "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
And only Pattern, PIN, and Password are possible. Swipe, Motion, Face unlock, Face and voice cannot be chosen.
I know there are some 3rd party programs like 'no lock' but is there any way I can fix this?

I think that can be sorted out easily just go to the settings>security>Device administrators and un tick the appropriate administrator !! you will be working fine again....

Marin Manestar

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I think that can be sorted out easily just go to the settings>security>Device administrators and un tick the appropriate administrator !! you will be working fine again....

Sorry but it's not working either.
The only administrator is "Android Device Menager" and it is not selected. If I select it I "Allow Android Device Menager to lock or erase a lost device".
I even tried selecting it but it was no help either.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I would do a factory reset. Hook it up to your PC first to copy any photos, music, etc that you want saved.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
The only administrator is "Android Device Menager" and it is not selected. If I select it I "Allow Android Device Menager to lock or erase a lost device".

Well, now you have only one option left and that is do a factory reset !!

Qetty Manjgaladze

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
hey.sake problem was on my samsung galaxy s4 i don't know how but i fixed it.
1.go to settings -more- security-go to the find my web page (in find my mobile)
2.then sign in to your account and there will be 5 categories.one of them is -unlock screen press and then press unlock (need some time to unlock) i press 3 or 4 times because it not was sucseseful at firs time. after this if screen lock still is then u can:
3 . go to settings -more-application manager and find and press DSMLawmo then force stop or turn of or both.afyer this maybe your phone turn off auyomaticali and restart or reinstall your android but your files wouldn't delete none of them.maybe some updates.but it's not problem u'll update it.
if that wasn't helpful then i don't know what will :)) i don't know on my galaxy it worked. sorry for bad english.hope it's usefull.

Posted via Android Central App

Marin Manestar

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much
it worked somehow. The lock screen options are now a little bit different and i cant use the other lock options but its ok at least i dont have to put in password every time now

gmanev

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Delete all VPN and you are done.

petur

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
For the sake of correctness: no factory wipe needed, just tap the 'clear credentials' option at the bottom of the security settings page. This is for 4.x only, btw

SwampSailor

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by petur View Post
For the sake of correctness: no factory wipe needed, just tap the 'clear credentials' option at the bottom of the security settings page. This is for 4.x only, btw

Thanks
Worked for me. Samsung Note 2 Android Version 4.4.2

Last edited:

Shamateo

May 31, 2018
Visit site
DONT DO ANYTHING! ITS NONE OF THOSE THINGS!

It has to do with a malfunction where the -none- option goes grey, then comes back spontaneously. It's a coincidence that you do something and it starts working. That's why there's 20 different ways people have got it working. It's spontaneous. And it may take so long to come back that you do have to Factory Reset.

ps doff

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
The only thing that can override Clear Security Credentials is active 3rd party software. If you uninstall whatever insisted that you needed a screenlock, shut down and power back on, that software is gone. Then Clear security credentials works 100% of the time. You do not need to be online to do this.

ps doff

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
The function is by design as part of "Enhanced Security" (kind of a silly idea since any literate 8 year old can get past it).

The only thing that can override Clear Security Credentials is active 3rd party software. If you uninstall whatever insisted that you needed a screenlock, shut down and power back on, that software is gone. Then Clear security credentials works 100% of the time. You do not need to be online to do this.