Unable to change web home page

pnm999

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, this is my first post, Ive just been given a Android tablet, it was not expensive but it is / seems to be very good for what I need. My problem is that I keep getting two random home page, internet, and when I try to change it to the BBC website it reverts back to one of the others on the next start up!!
The website in question are:- llr and Breaking news, sport, finance, radio and a whole lot more.
I have tried an anti virus program which says all OK so I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Both Chrome and the stock Android Browser do not have a useful Home button, so selecting a "Home page" actually doesn't do that much. The only way it helps is when you start the browser up after having closed all tabs.

If you want the browser to open to that website, I suggest placing a Bookmark widget on the homescreen set to that site. So instead of tapping on Chrome or Browser or Internet to access your browser, tap that Bookmark, and you'll open the browser directly to that page.

pnm999

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think maybe I couldn't really set my homepage as I wanted, so thanks again, Ill have a go at the above.

Thanks
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC