How to turn on and off display on a schedule

jmellon

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an Android tablet running Jelly Bean that I have always plugged in on my desk and use as a display for a browser based dashboard. I want it to turn the display on at 8:00am and turn off at 5:00pm Monday through Friday. I can't find an app that will do this and I have tried to do it in Tasker with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an Android tablet running Jelly Bean that I have always plugged in on my desk and use as a display for a browser based dashboard. I want it to turn the display on at 8:00am and turn off at 5:00pm Monday through Friday. I can't find an app that will do this and I have tried to do it in Tasker with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to Android Central :)
Tasker should be able to do this. Llama is another app that lets you set up profiles.

Posted via Android Central App

jmellon

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I did spend a few hours with Tasker on this. It seems the Display, Turn On action isn't compatible with my version of Andriod. I haven't found any other Actions that would support the turn screen on or off function.

I also checked Llama, however it isn't compatible with my device.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I did spend a few hours with Tasker on this. It seems the Display, Turn On action isn't compatible with my version of Andriod. I haven't found any other Actions that would support the turn screen on or off function.

I also checked Llama, however it isn't compatible with my device.

What tablet do you have?

jmellon

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
OK, I figured it out. I decided to pull the APK of Llama off of one of my other devices and installed it on the tablet manually and it was able to do exactly what I need. Thanks for suggesting Llama. I already had it on another device, but didn't think to use it for this.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK, I figured it out. I decided to pull the APK of Llama off of one of my other devices and installed it on the tablet manually and it was able to do exactly what I need. Thanks for suggesting Llama. I already had it on another device, but didn't think to use it for this.

Nice! Glad you got it fixed :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781